About the Role:
The VP, Product will lead Product Management across BFAI, an organization of approximately 10 product managers (and growing!) This executive will be responsible for cultivating and executing the web, mobile and retail product strategy in addition to optimizing customer experiences and maximizing user conversion for IPSY, BoxyCharm, Refreshments and the brands in the Madeby Collective. The VP, Product reports to Chief Product Officer, Sarah Rose.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate closely with product/engineering leadership and business partners, to develop product strategy for BFAI. Deeply understand customer, brand and business needs to identify and address large-scale product opportunities, drive innovation, outperform business growth targets and fulfill IPSY’s core “surprise and delight” promise
- Leverage industry best practices, evolve internal processes and frameworks to guide the product development team’s efforts, i.e. Discovery and Delivery, and stay one step ahead as the company continues to scale
- Recruit, motivate and develop a world-class team of product managers capable of rapidly scaling with a hyper-growth company. Create a Product organization that is able to scale as the company continues to grow both organically and potentially through additional acquisitions
- Iterate frequently by identifying and validating assumptions early and often, experiment through A/B testing and other quantitative and qualitative methodologies, and actively reduce project risk
- Drive key strategic initiatives through Strategy Development and Discovery and activate initiatives across the larger organization
- Make data-driven decisions to develop and maintain the internal product roadmap and align it to business objectives
- Extend BFAI’s market lead, supporting the company’s mission and long-term vision
- Drive the Product Planning and prioritization process
What We’re Looking For
- 12+ years of experience in building and scaling mobile and web product roadmaps for innovative companies, ideally within the Consumer, eCommerce, and/or Marketplace domains
- Demonstrated experience building highly scalable products that drive sales and expansion at a high velocity and volume
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; experience managing through influence
- Customer focused mentality combined with the knowledge of how to build a web, mobile and physical products organization that will deliver an unmatched customer experience
- Data-driven with demonstrated success in establishing metrics, process and structure such as OKRs throughout an organization to improve overall operating efficiencies and facilitate product decisions
- Proven ability to lead and guide data teams obsessed with developing amazing personalized and customized products
- Unparalleled judgment and design sensibility applied to product vision, road mapping, scoping, UX, and release planning
- Coach who can roll up your sleeves and jump in where needed
Bonus if You Have
- High analytical capability: ability to observe and interpret customer behavior towards product development; strong quantitative analysis
- Track record of building and launching successful products that customers love
- Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across an entire organization
- Successful in both scrappy and entrepreneurial environments as well as more sophisticated and later stage organizations
- Entrepreneurial; you see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as chances to build
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program\*
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
About BFA INDUSTRIES
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves making beauty more accessible to all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to beauty subscription brands IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to our CCPA notice.