About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. In this highly visible role, you will use your well-honed analytical and communications skills to track and influence business unit performance. You will provide key analytical and modeling support to the business leaders at IPSY and Refreshments to help drive business performance.
You will analyze data from financial and operational sources, interpret trends, and identify actionable insights and opportunities. You will track member acquisition and marketing efficiency, member retention, attachment and order value, unit economics, and operations and link these trends to financial metrics for historical and forecast periods.
You will be a core member of the fast-paced finance team, reporting to the head of IPSY FP&A, with a high degree of interaction with business leaders at IPSY and Refreshments.
What You’ll Be Doing:
What We’re Looking For:
- Build and maintain models for budgeting & forecasting processes
- Partner with other departments to interpret and compile data
- Driving robust forecasts through scenario analysis
- Summarize and consolidate business unit financial and operating data
- Explanation of variances in actuals vs. budget/forecast to leadership and business partners
- Produce sections of the business’s monthly/quarterly financial reporting packages. Develop recommendations and provide upper management with insightful commentary on business performance
- Support monthly closing, reporting, and analysis of financial results and operate metrics including review of underlying data to ensure accuracy and integrity of information presented
- Partner with our internal accounting team on financial reporting and preparation of GAAP financial statements
- Engage with other departments to stay up-to-date on the latest product developments and develop financial models for new growth opportunities
- Financial analysis to build the case for new organic investments
What We Offer
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in business-related or quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics, Engineering, or similar discipline)
- 3+ years of experience in business strategy, finance, analytics, or investment banking; FP&A experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment preferred
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Strong base knowledge of accounting, finance, and operations principles
- Ability to identify, report on and analyze operational KPI’s
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to complete assignments given time constraints
- Genuine excitement for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into actionable insights
- Ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting
- Ability to shift priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Experience with Adaptive Insights (preferred), Anaplan, or other financial planning tools highly valued
- Flexible, team-oriented approach to issues
- Ability to interact with Senior Management and feel comfortable speaking up to express opinions and/or facts
- Ability to develop productive relationships with peer groups within Finance and other departments
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
About BFA INDUSTRIES
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves making beauty more accessible to all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to beauty subscription brands IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.Please click here to our CCPA notice.