About the Role:
We are looking to hire a highly motivated Senior Accounting Manager to join our team at BFA who is able to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail!
Are you someone who thrives and enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment to support our continued growth? If so, we want to hear from you!
Remote through Jan 2022. Beginning Feb 22, Tues/Wed in the Pembroke Pines, FL office.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Lead and mentor team members (senior accountant and accounting manager plus growth potential)
• Assist with the month end close process, which includes compiling and recording the payroll/compensation related journal entries and OPEX accruals
• Review journal entries and related reconciliations for cash, expense reimbursements, and credit cards
• Responsible for lease accounting (ASC 842) and debt accounting
• In conjunction with the Finance team, analyze account balances to ensure expenses are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
• Support annual independent audit and regulatory audits as required
• Assist with preparing schedules to support the tax provision process and local tax reporting requirements
• Review current accounting and reporting processes to identify ways to improve and automate
• Able to help with ad-hoc reporting and other requests
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting/Finance. CPA a plus
• 8+ years of relevant work experience, mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
• Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and change
• Can roll with the punches and problem solve
• Well organized, with amazing attention to detail
• Public company experience is a plus
• Strong time management, able to execute to hit deadlines
• Experience with ERP systems. NetSuite and Concur are a plus
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills needed to develop collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
Bonus if You:
Possess a strong analytical mind and able to juggle multiple tasks while meeting hard deadlines. You want to make an impact. You're driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same you are collaborative. You're excited to work as a team throughout the organization to help cultivate an amazing workplace and culture. You always operate with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean and mean what you say
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary & equity grants
• Medical, dental & vision insurance
• Annual bonus program\*
• Paid time off & work from home flexibility
• Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
• Learning & development programs
About BFA INDUSTRIES
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves, making beauty more accessible to all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to beauty subscription brands IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to our CCPA notice.