About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger activities such as revenue, month-end close, and account reconciliations. This role handles significant revenue activity and data analysis, combined with additional GL responsibilities that provide for high visibility. The position reports to the Senior Manager and works closely with all departments, with the opportunity to contribute to the company’s high growth.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare journal entries and analyze complex and high volumes of data. Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolve discrepancies
- Reconcile various balance sheet & income statement accounts such as accounts receivable, deferred liabilities, and revenue.
- Experience with revenue/deferred revenue calculations and reconciliations for subscription business/e-commerce or wholesale channels
- Review purchase orders
- Serve as liaison between Operations and Accounting teams
- Facilitate communication with Operations and 3PL staff to ensure transactions are accurately coded and investigate discrepancies against revenue reports
- Review financial statements and provide variance analysis to departments within the company
- Develop and improve processes to make more efficient & scalable using best practices that tie into the overall company operational structure
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Perform special projects as assigned
What We’re Looking For
What We Offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA (preferred). Big 4 (3+ years) are strongly desired
- Expert knowledge of ASC 606
- Excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards
- Subscription, Retail, Wholesale, or e-commerce experience is strongly preferred
- Responsible for full-cycle revenue accounting processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup, Sumif, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate, analyze and compare large data sets and build reports
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills needed to develop collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and organized
- A positive, proactive, fun, and team-focused attitude
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program\*
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
About BFA INDUSTRIES
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves making beauty more accessible to all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to beauty subscription brands IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to our CCPA notice.