About the Role:
We are looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to lead the strategic execution of marketing initiatives across our site and channels (email, push, in-app) for our newly launching site in Mexico. You will work cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Product, Data, Merchandising, Customer Service, and Operations to build an entirely new marketing program. Goals will include acquiring new members, delighting those members, creating all new messaging for members, and building our brand. You should have proven success and experience leading others, building a hyper-targeted marketing program which applies industry best practices, driving decisions through data, building omni-channel personalized experiences, and acquiring new customers.
This is an incredible opportunity to work at an innovative tech start-up in the beauty space, doing the most advanced marketing and content personalization in the industry. Do you enjoy the role of player-coach and are equally comfortable developing strategies and leading others, while going deep and working in the weeds? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead and work alongside your team as you develop site, email, push, and in-app marketing strategies that deliver on acquiring new users, setting up transactional messaging and building out new marketing campaigns for our newest country.
- Execute on the end-to-end LCM lifecycle, from strategy creation (including AB test planning) through creative management to deploying emails and getting assets live on site (including PDPs) and then diving into the data to provide reporting and a complete feedback loop.
- Be an authority on all things Lifecycle Marketing; utilizing a deep understanding of member mindset and behavior to increase number of members, improve the member journey, and build our brand in a new country.
- Use data to monitor the performance of customization programs and identify areas for improvement; generate and test hypotheses
- Communicate key insights and optimize customization programs based on analysis driven by data
- Lead complex, highly cross-functional initiatives to deliver business requirements, create project plans, and drive on-time execution
- Train and develop other marketers to execute increasingly sophisticated lifecycle marketing programs, focused on using data for advanced personalization and automation
- Lead ongoing monthly triggered and transactional communication to active subscribers (e.g. tracking, payment notification, spoiler alert, shipping, etc.)
- Be a strong voice on the LCM team for all things Mexico and on the Mexico team for the needs of LCM.
What We’re Looking For:
- English and Spanish fluency
- Understanding of the Mexican market, cultural motivators to purchase.
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in Business, Marketing, a quantitative, or technical field
- 7+ years developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, in-app, push, etc.)
- 5+ years experience working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, Responsys, etc.); experience with multi-step workflows, QA, hitting send and reporting.
- 3+ years experience with site marketing, merchandising and execution.
- 2+ years experience leading a team(s)
- 2+ years developing and executing A/B tests to decrease churn, using email, push, and site initiatives
- Experience with quantitative analytics; experience translating data into business and member insights
- Fervent attention to detail; you are confident deploying emails to millions of members free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors
- Cross-functional team experience and proven ability to work cross-functionally to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion
- Creative thinking and ability to test out-of-the-box solutions
- Scrappy ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Excel, experience with financial modeling and/or SQL/R a plus
- Familiar with analytics dashboards (e.g. Tableau, GA)
- Light HTML experience required
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience developing marketing plans for launching in a new country
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program\*
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
IPSY, a BFA Industries brand, was founded in 2011. IPSY delivers customized Glam Bags leveraging IPSY Match, a proprietary technology that analyzes hundreds of attributes to delight each member with personalized beauty products perfect for their lifestyle. IPSY strives to make beauty more inclusive and welcoming to all. IPSY’s primary offices are in San Mateo, Santa Monica and New York.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to our CCPA notice.