About the Role:
The DC Operations General Manager is responsible for managing a high-volume, pick, pack and ship fulfillment center operations and is the main point of contact between our on-site 3PL and corporate headquarters. The responsibilities include managing our 3PL facility and supply chain operations which includes day-to-day operations of the facility; shipping orders, receiving products, inventory management, order management planning, quality control, hiring and developing the team, safety, reporting, budget planning and vendor management. In addition, this individual will oversee the transition of the DC into a state-of-the-art fully consolidated/automated fulfillment center.
A successful DC Operations General Manager is a strong leader, highly technical, analytical, and organized with the ability to be agile in an ever-changing environment. They will have a sense of urgency necessary to identify and correct issues. Equally as important, the DC Operations General Manager can attract and recruit top talent, motivate and coach the team, delegate effectively, and manage performance.
The position is based in Kansas City, MO with some travel requirements (at least 25% of the time) to our headquarters along with other locations. The initial 3-6 months may require additional travel.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage production planning, quality assurance, order fulfillment, facility issues, as well as staffing and employee relations for the fulfillment center
- Creating warehouse operations labor standards, inbound product QC standards, and warehouse process QC standards.
- Identifies and leads continuous improvement projects that improve safety, increase process efficiencies, reduce operational costs and increase process quality
- Build and develop the team;.build out functional and team priorities to optimize productivity and promote growth
- Define KPI’s to monitor success and progress, collect and apply learning, and provide a go forward process
- Provide scheduled reporting and data availability; resolve all data related questions
- Develop detailed facility operations plans and schedules that align with key performance targets
- Ensure adequate staffing, equipment, and space utilization to fulfill production goals
- Maintain knowledge of and manage the operation, proper use and implementation of an LMS, TMS, OMS and WMS
- Working closely with both senior leadership and team members, identify areas to continuously improve policy, procedures, practices, and training
- Manage inventory control, analyze inventory levels, and develop replenishment strategy
- Ensure operational compliance measures including, workplace safety and applicable federal, state and local regulations by maintaining the highest operational standards
- Develop quality assurance guidelines to ensure compliance and avoid product delays. Lead the investigation of quality issues to a timely and complete resolution.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, manage budget and cost management
- Lead transformational projects and capability deployments such as the inventory management and fulfillment center automation projects
- Drive innovation and develop approaches and processes to improve and scale fulfillment and shipping operations while incorporating external best practices
- Understand key metrics that drive member experience and consistently measure and improve Operations performance against those metrics
- Synthesize large amounts of data to draw conclusions and to make recommendations in order to improve operational efficiency, scalability, and lower costs
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Analytics, Marketing, Customer Care and other teams to develop, test, and execute ideas designed for both internal processes and the member experience
- Travel to other fulfillment centers, vendors, and Company offices, as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven track record of operating a large distribution/fulfillment center and/or manufacturing plants (10+ years' experience preferred) including some tenure at a B2C company
- At least 10 years of experience within operations, with proven advancement and increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience leading transformation and infrastructure projects across fulfillment, supply chain, or distribution. Six sigma or experience with other process improvement methodologies preferred
- Curious and comfortable with data and large-scale analytics
- Advanced understanding of Excel is required. Business, financial planning, or other heavy modeling experience is preferred (knowledge of SQL is a plus)
- Proven ability to drive and manage multiple, competing priorities and projects with urgency in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Strong attention to detail and orientation to relentless execution
- Passion for creating a delightful customer experience
- Start-up and rapid growth experience are a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams within a fulfillment operations and multiple vendors
- Demonstrated experience of identifying and/or scaling fulfillment centers
- Experience setting and evaluating KPIs, SLAs and metrics for cost and delivery
- Relentless negotiator and conscience of costs; budgeting experience
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions.
- Senior presence, ability to work side-by-side clearly and consistently across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is "right" for the customer.
- Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and/or various shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain and/or related field.
Physical Job Demands:
- Exposure warehousing equipment hazards and varying temperatures in Fulfillment Centers
- Flexibility to travel to various fulfillment centers, vendor locations and corporate office
- Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers while performing the duties of this job
- Light to moderate lifting required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience in the subscription industry
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
About BFA INDUSTRIES:
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves, making beauty accessible for all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to beauty subscription brands: IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments and have a beauty community that’s over 30M strong. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.