About the Role
BFA is the largest beauty subscription company in the world, with well over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Toronto, Miami, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of creative problem solvers that share a drive for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started!
Are you a motivated engineering leader looking to have an outsized impact? If so, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead and grow the BFA Digital Experience Platform team
- Build web, mobile, and MarTech platforms that work at scale in multi-tenant, multi-brand, and international business ecosystems
- Guide planning and design of high-value, mission-critical Experience Platform applications
- Partner with business leaders and other stakeholders to develop an Experience Platform strategy
- Cultivate and embody a culture of excellence through constant improvement
- Hire, mentor, and develop the engineers, leads, and managers on the Experience Platform team
- Build and maintain outstanding engineering processes
- Influence and direct technical vision across the entire IPSY Engineering organization
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of engineering experience developing large scale applications
- 5+ years of engineering management experience with experience managing other managers
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams
- A "get things done" attitude capable of delivering today while always being prepared for tomorrow
- Experience with hiring engineers and engineering managers
- Have a passion for driving constant excellence from every engineer
- Experience with a native mobile app, mobile web, MarTech, and other modern customer digital touchpoint technologies
- Expertise with system architecture, application architecture, and technology evaluation at a large scale
- Experience in cloud-based computing and development environments
- Experience creating Continuous Delivery practices and systems
Bonus if You Have
- Experience with subscription and/or e-Commerce platforms at scale
- Experience with third-party commerce platforms such as Magento and Shopify
- Experience with data pipelines, ETLs, event pipelines, and other big data infrastructure
- Experience with Spring Boot, Rails, or other modern application frameworks
- Experience with AWS
- Expertise with big data, analytics, and personalization
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program\*
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
About BFA INDUSTRIES
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves making beauty more accessible to all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to beauty subscription brands IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as a brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.
Please click here to our CCPA notice.