About the role:
We are looking for a Creative Director to own the creative vision, strategy, voice and execution for our Madeby Collective portfolio of beauty brands Treslúce Beauty by Becky G, ITEM Beauty by Addison Rae and Complex Culture Beauty in addition to new brands in the future. This innovative, creative, fast mover and thinker will lead and inspire a talented team of designers, copywriters, a producer and a project manager yielding art direction, packaging, photo & video shoots, graphic design for social and ecomm, photography, video, visual merchandising and editorial. The Creative Director will also create, communicate and develop creative vision with our brand founders.
We seek an agile, creative thinker who will help to craft innovative brands in beauty, skincare and beyond. This person will have the ability to create a number of distinct brand identities and personalities to address different consumer segments. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast paced, start-up environment where we have to respond to real-time business and trend needs while staying closely attuned to the cultural zeitgeist.This role is for someone digitally & socially savvy as well as highly organized with strong team leadership skills. We will be building digitally native brands with considered brick & mortar partnerships, so you will apply your experience with digital and e-commerce brands and have an understanding of agile & iterative content needs as well as building for an IRL consumer experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead all creative efforts by working in close partnership with key cross-functional partners in brand, marketing, product development, production, retain and visual merchandising.
- Develop overarching creative strategy, concepts & roadmap by brand to cascade to the team
- Develop clear brand identities and style and copy guides to ensure distinction between brands and consistency across all channels and customer touch points.
- Own the creative direction for new product launches and seasonal marketing programs, for each brand. Seasonal creative direction and guidance for all campaigns, including:
- Seasonal, event and collection driven moodboard direction
- Photo, video & content concepting, casting and on set direction (on figure & product shoots)
- Asset execution for digital and print including photography, video, pack design and copy/editorial that build all ecommerce assets, collateral and gifting materials, social media (paid and organic), email, sms, life-cycle marketing, experiential, retail merchandising and all other creative assets
- Collaborate with the VP of Madeby Collective, Brand, Marketing and Product Development on Creator opportunities and pitches.
- Provide support on the casting & storytelling, content development, campaign media activations & roll-out of all campaigns.
- Lead the Creative team with inspiration & motivation, providing a positive work environment. Develop and finesse team skillsets & capabilities and implement a rigorous creative processes to streamline work & build a collaborative environment
- Constantly be on the pulse of lifestyle, beauty and pop-culture trends, bringing relevant creative partnerships and relationships ideas to help create buzz & relevancy around the brand
- Work closely with Madeby Collective brand and marketing leads on content strategy & creative concepts for different consumer channels & build an internal process for creative iteration & versioning by channel
- Manage budget and resource planning for all content development including founder shoots, model shoots, product shoots, editing and outside freelancers.
What We’re Looking For:
- 15+ years experience in creative roles, specifically with an art direction background. At Least 2 years as Creative Director or 4 years as an art director.
- Experience working in beauty or lifestyle brands, with a focus on e-commerce & social marketing experience.
- In depth knowledge of:
- Photography & video concepting, direction and production
- Graphic design & creative composition
- Editorial & copy direction
- Packaging strategy
- Retail experience
- Deep understanding of marketing channels and consumer touch points, especially e-commerce, email, sms & social media
- Entrepreneurial approach and can work in nimble, agile start-up/ tech environment
- Leadership experience managing and mentoring a team of 10+ people.
- Performance & growth marketing knowledge (specifically social media acquisition)
- Some experience working on brand campaigns including TV, radio, outdoor, direct mail, and paid digital/social preferred
- Experience with international marketing preferred
- Has a clear pulse on trends, pop-culture and celebrity/talent/artists
- Strong presentation & sell-in skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and reciprocally with multiple departments
- Strong ability within creative design platforms (InDesign, Photoshop) and presentation platforms (Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
About Madeby Collective
Madeby Collective, a BFA Industries brand, was founded in 2019 and is a beauty brand incubator that creates beauty brands with luminaries of diverse communities. It’s home to Item Beauty, a Gen Z-focused clean beauty brand co-founded by Addison Rae, TikTok’s #2 largest star, and Complex Culture, an award-winning beauty brand for time-pressed millennials. Combining social listening with hard data, Madeby Collective fulfills unmet consumer needs, drives authentic connections, and creates unexpected experiences that disrupt beauty norms. Madeby Collective’s primary offices are in San Mateo and Santa Monica.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.Please click here to our CCPA notice.